Monday 27 July 2015

Meeting Giovanna Fletcher!

Hello lovelies! 

It's taken a while to write (moving into a new flat and not having any internet for over two weeks didn't help either... More on that later) but now I'm finally doing it. This post is all about my amazing experience meeting Giovanna Fletcher! 

Some of you may have heard of Giovanna. She's an author (of three and a half novels), a blogger for Hello! magazine, and she has her own YouTube channel! She's also married to Tom from McFly/McBusted and mum to the absolutely gorgeous Buzz. If you haven't heard of this family, seriously... Have you been living under a rock?! 

Anyway, I've loved all of Giovanna's books (Billy and Me, You're the One that I Want, Christmas with Billy and Me, and her latest novel Dream a Little Dream), and just over a month ago she released a few dates for book signings for Dream a Little Dream. The first one took place in Waterstone's in Covent Garden and I couldn't miss the opportunity! 

The evening started with a mini interview with a lovely lady called Anna James, followed by a Q&A session with everyone who attended, and of course the actual book signing. And I was so pleased that, just like me, Giovanna pictures the beautiful Eddie Redmayne as Billy Buskin, the male protagonist of Billy and Me! She was just as down to earth, bubbly and generally lovely lady that she appears to be in her videos and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a few pinch-me moments! 

I may or may not have mentioned it before but I am an aspiring writer (and of course I love books) so to meet one of my favourite authors was incredible! 

Okay, I'm going to stop rambling now. Here are a couple of photos:

Me and the lovely lady herself!

The message inside my copy of Dream a Little Dream

If you want to check out Giovanna's novels, here are the links! 














































Also, I mentioned earlier that I've moved into a new flat, so I was wondering if you guys wanted me to write a post about that? Just let me know! 

Lots of love,

Fliss xx

No comments:

Post a Comment